Faith to Move a Mountain

In November of 2011, I started this blog as a sort of journal to chronicle the events of our son Quinton's adoption. Quinton is a little boy who was born with an extra special something. Quinton has down syndrome and was given up at birth by his parents because he has down syndrome. His birth parents must not have had any idea what a blessing he would be or I am sure they would not have given him up. Unfortunately in Eastern Europe (Quinton is from Ukraine) people with disabilities are not accepted in society and at the age of 4-6, they are sent to adult mental institutions where most of them die :( Although it breaks my heart that his parents have missed out on such a joyful little boy, God has used this unfortunate situation to bless us with a gift greater than I could have ever imagined: the gift of our first child. If you ever considered adoption-do it! Don't let money deter you. God provided over $20,000 for us to adopt Quinton. We were not fully funded until 50 minutes before we boarded our plane to Ukraine. If you have never considered adoption, go back to the beginning of this blog and read. You will see what a blessing adoption really is. Many people tell us that we are angels for rescuing Quinton, but the honest truth is this: Quinton has given me far more that I will ever be able to give him. He is my little miracle, my silly bug, my baby boy, my love. HE IS MY LIFE!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Time...Look At Me Now!

On June 21st 2011, I laid my eyes on this little angel.
I don't think I have ever seen anything more beautiful in my life. In his country, society would deem him as worthless-not worthy of a mommy and a daddy or a lifetime of love. Little did they know what they would be missing out on when we swept him away. 

This is how we found our son-
Laying in a hardwood playpen for hours a day. He was only taken out when they fed him or to change his diaper a couple times a day if he was lucky.


He had no trunk control and could barely hold up his head up for more than a minute. 


Going to Ukraine was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I saw sights I never care to see again in my life, but it was oh so worth it because one year later, look at Quinton now!








 If you make goofy faces while I'm trying to take a nice picture, your goofy face just might end up on my blog LOL.


16 comments:

  1. I just love these pictures!! He reminds me so much of my little guy - especially in the pictures where he's smiling at the person in the picture with him - Grant always does that and it melts your heart. So glad you found him and so glad he has you to love. He's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just gets cuter all the time. And the way he looks at you guys...pure love! What a great update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing his progress! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I am in tears!! We are in country now adopting two precious angels. Our little girl is wonderful and healthy, our little boy however sounds like your little guy. He has very little trunk control and can hardly hold his head up for more than a minute then it just sort of flops to the front, back, or side. Your post has really given us hope and encouragement for his future. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been blog stalking you guys :) Lucien does sound a lot like Quinton when we first met him. Keep loving on him and try a little more with him every day. He will continue to make progress and before you know it, you will look back at old pictures and barely recognize him. I can't wait to watch him grow! (and Sydney too :)

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures! He has changed and blossomed SO much. Love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been forever since I have read blogs! so glad i read yours just not. amazing how big he has gotten since you stopped by months ago. love his smile - precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more blog posts? Have you kicked ugly lil quinton to the curb already? Decided he was no longer worthy of being your son?

    I'm betting you have - that you're in the company of godly Christian RR mommas who have disposed of their adopted kiddos in a variety of ways --- mrs Garcia, mrs winkle, mrs Reilly, mrs emelyentsev and now you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks HeroicReviewBlog

    ReplyDelete