Faith to Move a Mountain
In November of 2011, I started this blog as a sort of journal to chronicle the events of our son Quinton's adoption. Quinton is a little boy who was born with an extra special something. Quinton has down syndrome and was given up at birth by his parents because he has down syndrome. His birth parents must not have had any idea what a blessing he would be or I am sure they would not have given him up. Unfortunately in Eastern Europe (Quinton is from Ukraine) people with disabilities are not accepted in society and at the age of 4-6, they are sent to adult mental institutions where most of them die :( Although it breaks my heart that his parents have missed out on such a joyful little boy, God has used this unfortunate situation to bless us with a gift greater than I could have ever imagined: the gift of our first child. If you ever considered adoption-do it! Don't let money deter you. God provided over $20,000 for us to adopt Quinton. We were not fully funded until 50 minutes before we boarded our plane to Ukraine. If you have never considered adoption, go back to the beginning of this blog and read. You will see what a blessing adoption really is. Many people tell us that we are angels for rescuing Quinton, but the honest truth is this: Quinton has given me far more that I will ever be able to give him. He is my little miracle, my silly bug, my baby boy, my love. HE IS MY LIFE!
Friday, April 29, 2011
I was so excited yesterday when the UPS truck pulled up. I ran outside and all but tackled the poor delivery man. I told him thank you like 1,000 times and told him that he had made my day. Then I walked inside and opened the packet. There it was, sitting on top of all of our documents- a rejection letter. They had rejected 3 of our documents :( The easiest way to explain it is that they just needed some more documentation. I was off for spring break and Brian had a wonderfully supportive sergeant on duty who told him to take the day off and drive up to Raleigh. So, that is what we did today. We drove up to Raliegh (left the house at 5:30 am) and had them redo our 3 rejected papers. Then we went straight to the Fedex store and sent them on their way. They were picked up today and should arrive at the unmentionable country next Thursday. Our stateside helper, Brigitte, who has been amazing told me that we should be fine with getting in before the SDA dismantles as long as we are submitted before the June 12th date. So now we wait. There is nothing left to do. It is out of our hands. I can still, however obsessively track my papers every half hour from now until Thursday though ;) Most likely, we are looking at about 6 weeks before we travel! That is not long at all and it could be even earlier. We will just have to see. Thanks for all of your donations and prayers!