Faith to Move a Mountain
In November of 2011, I started this blog as a sort of journal to chronicle the events of our son Quinton's adoption. Quinton is a little boy who was born with an extra special something. Quinton has down syndrome and was given up at birth by his parents because he has down syndrome. His birth parents must not have had any idea what a blessing he would be or I am sure they would not have given him up. Unfortunately in Eastern Europe (Quinton is from Ukraine) people with disabilities are not accepted in society and at the age of 4-6, they are sent to adult mental institutions where most of them die :( Although it breaks my heart that his parents have missed out on such a joyful little boy, God has used this unfortunate situation to bless us with a gift greater than I could have ever imagined: the gift of our first child. If you ever considered adoption-do it! Don't let money deter you. God provided over $20,000 for us to adopt Quinton. We were not fully funded until 50 minutes before we boarded our plane to Ukraine. If you have never considered adoption, go back to the beginning of this blog and read. You will see what a blessing adoption really is. Many people tell us that we are angels for rescuing Quinton, but the honest truth is this: Quinton has given me far more that I will ever be able to give him. He is my little miracle, my silly bug, my baby boy, my love. HE IS MY LIFE!
Friday, April 22, 2011
Time Crunch-Please Pray!
Well, the president of Quinton's country signed a decree to dismantle the SDA (the ministry that processes adoptions). They will continue to hear cases until at least June 12th. We were hoping to have our dossier (mound of official paperwork) sent to his country this week, but we had several hold-ups. We faxed our papers to our parent liaison, fully anticipating for her to say that they were all approved and we could send them as soon as they came back from Raleigh. Let's just say it was not that simple. Her response lead to me nearly having an emotional meltdown in the middle of the grocery store. An email popped up on my phone and stupidly, in the middle of the grocery store, I read it. It was our liaison and she wanted our homestudy changed! This would take time and money to update our homestudy. I was devastated because it was vital that we get our papers shipped right away. There is about a 6 week timeline from the time we send our dossier to the time we get and SDA appointment. As of today that puts us at June 3rd! Waaaayyy to close for comfort :( Brian took the day off work and had some of our documents redone instead of having our homestudy updated and we overnighted them to Raleigh. The changes were so stupid! We had to have our home ownership papers changed from saying "2 story home" to 1 and a half story home" and we had to have a medical document changed from "atopic dermatitis to eczema-they are the same condition! Ugh) Unfortunately we won't get them back until next week, and that will put us right up to that June deadline. This is where you all come in. Please, please, please pray that our documents will be accepted and that they will arrive in time for us to get a court date with the SDA. We want our baby home! If we don't get in with the SDA it could significantly delay our process. We are talking about redoing paperwork that will likely expire as they rebuild a new adoption ministry from the ground up, more money to have the papers re-apostilled, and worst of all, more time Quinton has to be without a mommy and daddy :( We love him so much and my heart absolutely aches to get him here. God has provided for us every step of the way and we know He is with us now. He can make this happen. Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.