Faith to Move a Mountain

In November of 2011, I started this blog as a sort of journal to chronicle the events of our son Quinton's adoption. Quinton is a little boy who was born with an extra special something. Quinton has down syndrome and was given up at birth by his parents because he has down syndrome. His birth parents must not have had any idea what a blessing he would be or I am sure they would not have given him up. Unfortunately in Eastern Europe (Quinton is from Ukraine) people with disabilities are not accepted in society and at the age of 4-6, they are sent to adult mental institutions where most of them die :( Although it breaks my heart that his parents have missed out on such a joyful little boy, God has used this unfortunate situation to bless us with a gift greater than I could have ever imagined: the gift of our first child. If you ever considered adoption-do it! Don't let money deter you. God provided over $20,000 for us to adopt Quinton. We were not fully funded until 50 minutes before we boarded our plane to Ukraine. If you have never considered adoption, go back to the beginning of this blog and read. You will see what a blessing adoption really is. Many people tell us that we are angels for rescuing Quinton, but the honest truth is this: Quinton has given me far more that I will ever be able to give him. He is my little miracle, my silly bug, my baby boy, my love. HE IS MY LIFE!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun at the Park

Today we met Tonya at the bus stop. We rode into the city and then took a tram to a children's park nearby. It was fun to get out and go do something different. I have been stuck inside unable to truly enjoy my little boy since we got him because he was sick and then I was sick. The fresh (if you can call it that) air was nice and we had a really good time. First all 4 of us rode the paddle boats. I swear I think Quinton would have jumped out and into the (green) water if I would have let him. I asked Brian if I could just stick his toes in. He said no because Quinton puts his feet in his mouth LOL. During out boat ride, we were also thoroughly entertained by a girl in a blow up hamster ball trying to walk on the water. I had debated trying it just for funnies, but after watching her never get up off her knees, I am glad I opted not to.

After the boat ride, Tonya talked us into a few amusement park rides. Brian got on those swings that go round and round with her. I said "no way". The last time I got on those things, I was probably 7 years old and smiling so big the first few times around. The next thing you know, my face was green. I will NEVER EVER get on those again. Ask my dad. He will tell you. Next I took Quinton on a Ferris wheel. He cared absolutely nothing about it. Oh well. Can't win them all. The last thing we did was bumper cars. Tonya and I were the only ones riding. It did not take long for me to figure out that these cars go way faster and hit way harder than any bumper cars I had ever been on. It was all fun and laughter until I started going backwards and Tonya ran into me from behind and my neck cracked. I really thought for like a millisecond that I had broken my neck by the sound it made. It feels ok now, but I am dreading waking up in the morning. I don't know if I'm going to be able to move. We would have loved to have stayed longer, but our little guy was sleepy and needed his medicine so we headed back to the house.

As we were walking from the bus stop to the house, it started pouring rain. Yay! Good thing we had the stroller with us. It came with a waterproof cover so Quinton did not get wet. He took a short nap then ate dinner, took some children's benadryl (a test to see if it would help him sleep on the train and plane-it failed by the way), played for a while and then went to sleep.

We have  a busy day ahead of us tomorrow. We have to go get Quinton's passport and clean up and pack up. We leave this region tomorrow night at 10:45 and arrive in the capital on Tuesday at 7:00am. Then we have our embassy appt. at 9:00. In just a few days we will be home. I will post flight information soon so that anyone who would like to come meet us at the airport can do so. We would love to see you all! But for now, if you are planning on coming I would say maybe try to be at the Charlotte Douglas Airport by 3:00 or so. Our flight arrives at 3:25, but we have to get through customs first :P

That's all for now :) I'm not sure if I will get to post tomorrow night because we will be on at train beginning our journey home!!!!!! Goodnight :)


  1. I hope your neck is ok in the morning. I will be praying for a safe trip and a sleepy baby tomorrow. I hope everything goes well at the embassy. He looks so happy with you!

  2. Praying for you guys!! Wish I could hop on a plane and greet you in Charlotte!