Faith to Move a Mountain

In November of 2011, I started this blog as a sort of journal to chronicle the events of our son Quinton's adoption. Quinton is a little boy who was born with an extra special something. Quinton has down syndrome and was given up at birth by his parents because he has down syndrome. His birth parents must not have had any idea what a blessing he would be or I am sure they would not have given him up. Unfortunately in Eastern Europe (Quinton is from Ukraine) people with disabilities are not accepted in society and at the age of 4-6, they are sent to adult mental institutions where most of them die :( Although it breaks my heart that his parents have missed out on such a joyful little boy, God has used this unfortunate situation to bless us with a gift greater than I could have ever imagined: the gift of our first child. If you ever considered adoption-do it! Don't let money deter you. God provided over $20,000 for us to adopt Quinton. We were not fully funded until 50 minutes before we boarded our plane to Ukraine. If you have never considered adoption, go back to the beginning of this blog and read. You will see what a blessing adoption really is. Many people tell us that we are angels for rescuing Quinton, but the honest truth is this: Quinton has given me far more that I will ever be able to give him. He is my little miracle, my silly bug, my baby boy, my love. HE IS MY LIFE!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just Pictures and a Silly Video

Not too much went on today. We are just trying to find new ways to entertain ourselves. My mom said we should try and get someone to take a picture of the 3 of us, but there wasn't really anyone around to help (not anyone that could understand us anyways) so we tried ourselves. We failed several times and this was the closest we got. Go ahead and laugh. We know we are silly and we don't deny it ;)


 Waving "hi" (ok not really, but it looks like he is waving)

 being a goober with his daddy

 just daddy being a goober (I hope he doesn't read this post LOL.
)
 laughing and cuddling

 It was like 8000 degrees today. we went to an overhang where nobody goes much and stripped down some of his layers. 

 I wish I could have left him like this. He looked so relieved when I took his shirts off.


It's okay...go ahead and laugh at the video. I was very concerned about my triple chin LOL. No, really it started out as a really sweet video. Whenever I pick Quinton up and pat his back, he starts to pat mine too. Brian was filming it and I didn't know it. If you watch closely you can see something fall out of Quinton's mouth. I was certain that he had spit up on me (again-the first time it smelled like sour cheese...mmmm yummy!) so I looked down and then realized that I Brian must have gotten the triple chin angle. The funniest part was when I watched it on playback, Quinton's head had covered the whole thing (until I demonstrated for the camera LOL). 

Countdown to Court: 2 days!!!

We hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. Please spend some time with your families for us (we are really missing ours) and if you are cooking out eat a hamburger for us. I am running out of creative ways to us chicken here ;)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site through the RR website. Oh my goodness, he is SOOOOO adorable. SO happy for you and your sweet family. What a precious boy! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aargh! I can't stand watching myself in videos! ;) Totally understand the concern, but really, you look great! So does Quinton! Praying the court date will go well!

    Rochelle
    Elk Grove, CA

    ReplyDelete